Builders and contractors in India looking for cost-effective building materials have been paying a lot of attention to Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) blocks in the last few years. These lightweight, high-performance blocks have shown the potential to redefine construction norms, promising significant savings, increased structural resilience, and reduced environmental impact. Here, we share some of the cost-effective advantages of using AAC blocks in construction projects.
1.Reduced construction costs – AAC blocks are lightweight, which means they are easier to handle during transportation and handling, resulting in reduced logistics costs. Moreover, AAC blocks are larger in size compared to traditional bricks, leading to faster construction and fewer joints. The ease and speed of installation translate into reduced labour expenses, as AAC blocks can be easily cut, shaped, and installed, ensuring a cost-effective construction.
2. Lower electricity bills – AAC blocks have a unique structure that captures air, offering excellent heat insulation which reduces the amount of heat passing through the walls. This insulation stops transmission of warm air from outside to inside of the building and reduces the dependence on air conditioners, resulting in significant long-term energy savings for the building owner.
3. Lower foundation costs – Due to their lightweight nature, AAC blocks exert less load on the foundation of the building, resulting in potential savings on foundation costs. The reduced weight reduces the need for excessive excavation and the use of enhanced reinforcement, ultimately leading to a more cost-effective foundation design.
4. Maintenance cost is minimal – AAC blocks resist the growth of moulds and fungi due to their inorganic nature, which reduces the need for frequent treatments or repairs. The structural strength and stability of AAC blocks contribute to their long-term durability, providing reliable performance over an extended period. This implies fewer costs associated with maintenance and repairs, making AAC blocks a cost-effective choice for construction in the long run.
5. Resistant to termites – Red clay bricks, being made from organic materials, are prone to problems such as termite and other pest infestations. This issue, however, is not a concern when it comes to AAC blocks. Thanks to their inorganic makeup, these unique construction materials naturally resist pests, including termites. As a result, buildings constructed with AAC blocks have a significantly lower risk of facing such pest-related problems. This reduced risk of pest infestation contributes to the cost-effectiveness of AAC blocks, as it minimises the potential expenses related to pest control and damage repairs.
6. No need for additional soundproofing – One of the significant advantages of AAC blocks is that they come with built-in soundproofing capabilities. The unique cellular structure of AAC blocks not only provides efficient heat insulation but also boasts remarkable noise dampening properties. Their noise dampening characteristic substantially lessens noise transmission both between different rooms and from external sources. Consequently, in most AAC block-based projects, builders usually don’t need to add separate soundproofing measures. This simplifies the construction process and leads to a reduction in the total project costs.
Looking for the best AAC blocks for your next construction project?
Explore Shree Heat Shield AAC Blocks. Manufactured using fly-ash, a by-product from thermal power plants, our AAC blocks present a significantly more sustainable and environment- friendly option compared to traditional red clay bricks. Being lighter in weight, our AAC Blocks reduce the stress on the foundation, which not only boosts the overall construction quality but also makes the process more cost-effective. Our AAC blocks significantly speed up the construction process, reducing the time required by about 30%. This efficiency contributes to a substantial decrease in labour costs, making the overall project more affordable. Also, our AAC Blocks result in a 70% reduction in water usage during construction as they eliminate the need for curing. When compared to traditional red clay bricks, our AAC blocks are 8 times lighter. This allows for easier transportation and reduced logistical expenses. Our AAC Blocks ensure effective insulation, effectively blocking out the heat in the summer and the chill in the winter. This thermal efficiency can result in up to a 30% reduction in air conditioning costs. To know more about our AAC block and their prices, get in touch with us.